Programming and Web Development Stuff
Modified on 2013/07/01 05:10 by Administrator — Categorized as: Development
I've been a web dev for approaching 15 years, 13 of those professionally. Well, sort of. These days I'm a full-time SharePoint Consultant and Architect, but I still do enough development to keep my hand in.
, mostly as an administrator, but I'm not bad with 2010 WebParts, event handlers and Web Services apps. I'm an ex-Microsoftie (four years in Microsoft Premier Support and several as an MVP included), so the majority of my experience is in MS environments.
This section of the wiki will get code segments, reference stuff, code, musings and miscellaneous geekery. It'll also contain some archived articles from my old programing tutorials site(s) InfiniteMonkeys and RTFM.
what the fuck is wrong with The Skepticator?
, a troubleshooting log for performance issues at
Using ActivePerl to drive FFMPEG video conversion
Custom SharePoint Webpart Development
- I'm a SharePoint specialist by profession. This is where my WebPart code repository will be slowly accumulated.
General SharePoint Development
- The non-Web Part stuff. Command-line applications, event handlers, timer jobs, etc.
SharePoint Build tips
- building new SharePoint servers, some tips for getting them right
Simple Graphical Counters with Perl and Image::Magick
Faster String Concatenation with ADODB.Stream
an old "Classic ASP" post, which also applies to VBScript and JScript developers on windows
Using Net::FTP to retrieve logfiles
Bulk Resizing of images with ImageMagick
- a Perl-Win32 post
- A password generation script using PerlScript in Windows Script Host
Downloading files to safari users on mac
- there's a gotcha here (article coming soon)
- a page for HTML 5 stuff
- a page for JQuery stuff
- a page for CSS stuff
- a page for IIS stuff
Observations on HP Trim
Linq to XML : Using Namespaces
Linq's Distinct() Operator and the IEquatable interface
Save StringBuilder to file
- utility method. May evolve over time for more niftiness. Or not.
Tools and stuff
- utilities for dev and admin
Conditionally loading JQuery
Simple FTP client in PowerShell
SharePoint Stack Exchange
WCF REST Starter Kit
(note, to be superceded by the WCF Web API)
Chrome HTML Speech API
Google Maps API
Applying a strong name to an existing assembly
List of known project type GUIDs
Specifying proxy credentials in Web.config
It's About The Hashbangs
Chrome Web Developer Extension
Startcom SSL Certs
Australian Bureau of Statistics
- I really want to have some fun with this data
Sandcastle Helpfile Builder
- Creates MSDN-style documentation from XMLDoc comments in Visual Studio
Click 2 Sell - sell software online
HTML Agility Pack (codeplex)
- HTML parsing in C#, including LINQ support in latest betas